Hi, I’m Annie! I’ve always had a passion for creating things with my own two hands which has lead me to this incredible time in my life where I am blessed to be able to make jewelry every day! As a child I would constantly doodle in my notebooks. One morning as my mother was dropping me off to school she said that one day we would have our own jewelry business and that I would be the Artist and she would be the Alchemist. I am so grateful that this dream has finally come true. I have named my jewelry line Artist and the Alchemist in honor of my mother.
I started creating jewelry because I couldn’t jewelry that fit my style. For me, I love delicate, small but timeless quality pieces. I started out making jewelry for just myself, then quickly my friends wanted it and then their friends as well. I now sell my jewelry in boutiques in four states and nationwide and in Canada online! What a dream come true! When I am able to create, it fills my soul and I didn’t think I could possibly be happier. That was until I found out one more part of this business that never crossed my mind, the women to receive these gifts. Watching their faces as they open their brand new handmade piece and seeing them absolutely glow when they put it on because they feel beautiful in it. I never knew that my tiny little arts and crafts obsession would one day make someone feel so bold, beautiful and confident and that is hands down my favorite part of this whole wild thing I get to call a “job”. I love it and couldn’t be happier!
- Celebrity crush? Liam and Chris Hemsworth hands down! I can’t pick one or the other.
- Khloe, Kim or Kortney Kardashian? The older I get the more I like Kourtney, I just can’t be bothered and want a salad.
- Favorite TV show? The Big Bang Theory or Modern Family for sure.
- Coffee order? If it’s good quality I always get black.
- Superhero power? To be able to make flowers grow at any moment. Who doesn’t love flowers?! I really think they could solve world peace. Or maybe I just want flowers all the time ;)
- Current song on repeat? Female by Keith Urban
- Woman you most admire? All women. We are a strong force and I love watching women rule the world.
- If you weren’t doing jewelry, you’d be… taking a nap! Just kidding I always wanted to be a ranger for a national park so that I had access to explore untouched land.
- Go to recipe? I have a Holy Grail recipe book from my little Italian grandmother of her mothers recipes. A very well known Italian restaurant in Pocatello uses these recipes and I have to stop there every time I’m in town!
- Morning or night? Both!
- If you could live anywhere else, where would it be? I think I would stay in Orange County, California. I have everything I could ever want here
- Favorite color? Gold!
- Newest hobby? Lapidary. I am newly part of a gem and mineral society and totally love it.
- Hobby you’ve given up but miss? Painting
- Scariest moment of your life? Every time I try something new, the unknown! The unknown is good though, that’s where you learn and grow.
- Favorite city? Laguna beach, California simply because they have my favorite beaches.
- Summer or winter? Summer for sure.
- Favorite instagram account you follow? My girl @brookerichardsonphotography I love art that makes you feel so deep you feel like you’re there and Brooke nails that in every photo. I don’t just see a picture, I feel it.
- Nsync or Backstreet boys? Nsync! Basically just gimme some JT!
- Words to live by? Be a sunbeam, radiate warmth and warm all souls with your light.