- 2-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed OR 1 pound of boneless beef sirloin steak cubed
- 8 ounce sliced mushrooms (I buy the already sliced pack of mushrooms)
- 1 8 ounce cream cheese, softened (I use 1/3 less fat cream cheese)
- 2 (10½) ounce cream of mushroom soup (I use 98% fat free)
- 1 envelope (1¼ ounce) dry onion soup mix
- 3/4 cup of milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- dried parsley
- 1 pound large egg noodles for serving
- Place the chicken (or steak) in the bottom of a lightly greased slow cooker. Add the mushrooms. In a medium sized bowl add cream cheese, cream of chicken soup, and dry onion soup mix. Mix until incorporated and spread on top of chicken (or steak) and mushrooms.
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours or high for 1-2. Serve over noodles and top with fresh parsley and salt and pepper.
Need groceries each week but don't have time to shop? Get click list, the easiest way to shop online and pick up at store. I literally do not even get out of the car! They load it for you!